List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] Re: ssh-client on OZ 5600	libcrypto.so.0.9.7
From:       Hamish Marson <hamish () travellingkiwi ! com>
Date:       2003-11-19 12:18:49

Michael Lauer wrote:

>Am Mit, 2003-11-19 um 01.46 schrieb pdc00@doc.ic.ac.uk:
>

>>Solved: It was because I was installing on SD card. I needed to do:
>>
>>ln -s /mnt/card/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
>>

>*sigh*
>
>Time to restate my suggestions i have been repeating for around one year
>now without being heard.
>
>Why can't we just put /mnt/card/... and /mnt/ram/... stuff in ld.conf,
>let aqpkg depend on libc6-utils and call ldconfig after an installation
>to non-root. We could save _much_ confusion and problem reports like
>"the busy icon flashes, but the application doesn't start"...

I agree FWIW... I've said the same thing. Also add /mnt/card bin
directories to $PATH and have opie be card AWARE do it just adds/removes
apps on the CARDS when the card is added/removed, instead of spending an
eternity searching & then restarting opie again every time you put a new
card in or remove it.
The icons could be enhanced to show whether an app is on a card and
present, or missing.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity... 	| Linux User #16396
	I enjoy every minute of it...	|

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/		|