List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] ovs add-port takes long time
From:       ychen103103 () 163 ! com (ychen)
Date:       2014-08-21 2:18:55

hi,
Thank you for your reply. I have do some expriment following your adivce.
It seems that add 8 or 50 ports a time may reach the high performance, the \
performance will reduce if we add more than 50 ports a time. (expriment result: total \
4000 ports, 4 ports a time, takes 977 seconds, and 8 ports a time, takes 622 seconds, \
50 ports a time, takes 373 seconds, and 100 ports a time, takes 400 seconds)
If I add 16K ports, then reload the vswitchd and ovsdb, it only takes about 10+ \
minutes. So I think it is adding port to database takes the most time, and it has \
become the bottle neck. Here is the question:
1. why in function ovsdb_idl_txn_commit() need the operation wait?
2. do you have any documents about ovsdb mechanism?