List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] Plan Status?
From:       Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-06-30 12:19:43

On 29.06.2010 15:13, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the current plan and the status of the Wiki
> migration.
> If I remember correctly the plan was to switch to the new english (and
> the german?) wiki before 11.3 comes out, is that still the plan?

Yes, it;s the plan to switch short before 11.3, I think at 12.7.

> When looking at the Todo-Page at [1] one still finds a lot of free spaces
> in the list in the "Who"-Column. Is the list up to date? Or does that
> matter at all?
>
> It would be great if the Wiki Team could clearify on this a bit because
> I think the new wiki is quite important for a nice 11.3 "Party" and it
> would be good to know about the facts there.

There is still a lot of work to do. The areas in which we are behind and that are \
needed for a good launch are the distribution portal (Portal:Distribution) and \
concept (do we want a portal for each release?), the project portal (Portal:Project) \
and the application pages (no consistant layout).

The Studio docs are being worked on by the studio team, but I don't think they are \
read until the launch.

Also some project specific pieces are missing, like artwork pages, meetings, gnome, \
translation guides, yast..

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt [at] suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development :: Tools