List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Cor Blom <cornelisbb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-02-23 10:05:24

Op 19-02-2021 om 20:48 schreef Ben Greiner:
> python-sip, python-qt5 and co. have always been kind of a foreign body
> to C++ focused KDE:Qt5. May I propose to create
> devel:languages:python:pyqt and put related packages into that one?
> Maintainers could be python and QT/KDE people together.
>
> ## List of existing packages to be considered:
>
> python-pyqt-builder
> python-pyqt-rpm-macros
> python-qt3d-qt5
> python-qt5
> python-qt5-sip
> python-qtcharts-qt5
> python-qtdatavis3d-qt5
> python-qtwebengine-qt5
> python-sip
> python-sip4
> qscintilla-qt5
>
> ## New packages to be created (using the PyPI names as naming template
> instead of continuing the legacy rpm package names. Of course
> appropriate `Provides:` tags for the rpm names should be included):
>
> python-PyQt6 (also providing python-qt6)
> python-PyQt6-sip (also providing python-qt6-sip)
> python-PyQt6-3D (also providing python-qt3d-qt6)
> python-PyQt6-NetworkAuth (also providing python-networkauth-qt6)
> python-sip6 (see below)
> ... and more of the family as they are released upstream.
>
> ## Not PyQt[56] but closely related or the "competitor":
>
> python-PySide6
> python-PySide2 (currently python3-pyside2)
> python-QtAwesome
> python-QtPy
> python-poppler-qt5

Is it an idea to include also python-poppler-qt5 in that new
devel:languages:python:pyqt project? It now lives in multimedia:apps for
the simple reason it is needed for frescobaldi, and originally
frescobaldi was the only user. Frescobaldi is the reason I maintain it.
Ben told me it can be interesting for other software projects.

Regards,

Cor