List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Ben Greiner <code () bnavigator ! de>
Date:       2021-02-22 21:54:44

On 22.02.21 22:03, Luca Beltrame wrote:

> If I understood this correctly, this means a new devel project *exclusively*
> for PyQt stuff (while official stuff from Qt like PySide would stay there)?

I think anything between "just core PyQt/SIP" (the set currently in my
~:pyqt) and "everything to develop for Python and Qt" is imaginable. In
the latter case, a more suitable name would be
devel:languages:python:qt. It's totally okay if you want to keep
PySide[26] in KDE:Qt. QtPy falls somewhere in between the two extremes
as it is a wrapper for both PyQt and PySide. And then there are
libraries or applications which build heavily on SIP or PyQt, like
python-poppler-qt, qutebrowser, or eric. The first two have a good home
at their existing devel projects. The latter is in the catchall d:l:p,
and I am sure both Matej and Pete would be happy to move it to a sub
project.

Ben