List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    [opensuse-packaging] Python scripts and rpmlint
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-10-17 18:49:05

The current version of rpmlint in devel:languages:python [1] contains
a patch relative to the one in openSUSE:Factory.  This patch adds
additional warnings and errors regarding shebangs in scripts.
Specifically, executable scripts with "/usr/bin/env" cause an error
and "/usr/bin/python" cause a warning.

However, the submission to openSUSE:Factory [2] was rejected 4 months
ago over doubts regarding whether there should be an error and whether
the checks are really necessary.

Since then, devel:languages:python has had this different rpmlint
behavior than openSUSE:Factory.  I hope we can get this issue resolved
so we can bring the two versions back into agreement.

1: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:python/rpmlint
2: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/508168