List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: What is pulling in *-lang packages?
From:       Stefan Seyfried via openSUSE Factory <factory () lists ! opensuse ! org>
Date:       2024-04-19 6:59:43

Am 18.04.24 um 20:53 schrieb Felix Miata:
> Stefan Seyfried composed on 2024-04-18 14:08 (UTC+0200):
>
>> The lock not breaking the update does show that these lang packages are
>> only recommended and not required. But then why does "--no-recommends"
>> not stop them from being installed?
>
> I don't know. I don't normally use --no-recommends /flag/ with zypper, though I do
> deselect the enable recommends /option/ during installations. Instead I have:
>
> # grep yReq /etc/zypp/zypp.conf
>   solver.onlyRequires = true

That's technically the same as issuing "--no-recommends" on the command
line.
Sincs zypper still in 2024 is unable to deal with drop-in config files,
I'm avoiding changes to zypp.conf as it will conflict with updates all
the time and just put everything on the command line if possible.

> # zypper ll | grep lang
> 3  | *-lang                         | package | (any)      |

As I wrote, that's not a good workaround for my usecase, as I want
*some* lang packages, but only a few.
--
Stefan Seyfried