List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: What is pulling in *-lang packages?
From:       Stefan Seyfried via openSUSE Factory <factory () lists ! opensuse ! org>
Date:       2024-04-19 6:56:38

Am 18.04.24 um 20:07 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:

> You explicitly told zypper that you want locale support. Now you

No, yast implicitly did that when I did install with german language
setting.

> complain that zypper installs locale support and want flag to tell
> zypper to ignore what you configured.

I want "--no-recommends" to not install "only recommended" packages.

Now technically it was even correct, beause the -lang packages are
"Supplements". So let's try with "--no-supplements" added:

mixi:~ # zypper -v dup --no-supplements --no-recommends
Verbosity: 2
The flag --no-supplements is not known.

> If you do not want locale support, do not configure zypper to install
> locale related packages.

I'll try to remember not to install with non-en_US locale ever again :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried