List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: openSUSE Release Engineering meeting 03.01.2024
From:       Bernd Ritter <comrad () posteo ! de>
Date:       2024-01-05 10:38:01

Hi,

the distro logos are not an identity. They identify a branch of
development. These change over time, as branches also changes, as we
just see with the development of MicroOS as a "new" member and/or the
upcoming of SlowRoll. As stated before, I identify with the chameleon as
logo for the whole project. And this is not subject to change, as far as
I have understood this.

Also the logos are supposed to be more homogeneous - which a good move
especially in hindsight of the big ALP as a common base change.

Communication on before was leading into a different direction and it
sounded if the whole project's identity is about to change - but that's
also partly because of the drama seeking social media.

Cheers,
Bernd