List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: openSUSE Release Engineering meeting 03.01.2024
From:       Richard Brown <rbrown () suse ! de>
Date:       2024-01-05 9:12:31

On 2024-01-04 20:34, Lubos Kocman via openSUSE Factory wrote:
> I get your concerns, but If you check the wallpaper in 15.6 and 15.5
> it's already using the "modernized Leap logo" which "luckily" also won
> in the survey. So far nobody complained about wallpaper and I feel
> that the wallpaper was accepted very well. So it's really about
> finishing what's already halfway done. I'm not touching any other
> graphics.
>
> https://github.com/openSUSE/branding/blob/leap-15.5/raw-theme-drop/desktop-1920x1080.svg
> https://github.com/openSUSE/distribution-logos/tree/main/Leap (so all
> I need to do is just to submit it here).

I interpret your above reply as "I get your concerns but we're going to
move ahead anyway"

This approach, which is has been demonstrated repeatedly in this
process, is precisely the source of all of my dislike of any such
change.

I wholeheartedly agree with Christian Boltz

Changing something as important as our projects identity should not be
forced upon the Project and we have a Membership and Membership votes
precisely for ensuring such major changes to the Project proceed with
consent of the people who make up the heart of this Project.

--
Richard Brown
Distributions Architect