List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: 15.4 alpha
From:       Peter Czanik <peter () czanik ! hu>
Date:       2021-12-03 9:13:52

Hi,

On 12/2/21 8:27 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
> I installed 15.4 alpha with an Xfce desktop in a VirtualBox VM using
> the default disk partitioning and repos.

My first two installations of 15.4 alpha failed. First I did many
configuration changes, second time I only changed from BTRFS to my usual
XFS. Installation hang on reboot. Unfortunately I could not find a shell
on any of the virtual consoles. On the console with logs there were some
debug messages about mounting XFS and the year 2038 problem. Finally
there was a message that X could not be started. After ten minutes I
just gave up waiting.

My third installation, using all settings on default, including using
BTRFS, installation finished successfully and I have an Xfce system running.

Have a nice weekend!

Peter