List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Heads up: UsrMerge impact imminent
From:       Christoph Holtermann <mail () c-holtermann ! net>
Date:       2021-08-05 17:17:53

Thank you for your reply which brought me one step further but I still
get stuck. Removing the early stop for overlayfs produces this ouput
when calling convertfs:

Make a copy of `/bin'.
Merge the copy with `/usr/bin'.
Clean up duplicates in `/usr/bin'.
Make a copy of `/sbin'.
Merge the copy with `/usr/sbin'.
Clean up duplicates in `/usr/sbin'.
Make a copy of `/lib'.
Merge the copy with `/usr/lib'.
Clean up duplicates in `/usr/lib'.
Make a copy of `/lib64'.
Merge the copy with `/usr/lib64'.
Clean up duplicates in `/usr/lib64'.
Switch to new `/usr/bin'.
renameat2: Invalid cross-device link
UsrMerge conversion failed, cleaning up
!!! ATTENTION: Do NOT proceed if you see this message during
!!! distribution upgrade. Chances are high that your system might
!!! break beyond repair if you do.

Seems that xmv does not like the overlayfs setup?

regards,

Christoph