List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: RFC: New devel project devel:languages:python:pyqt and deal with different SIP versions
From:       Juan Erbes <jerbes () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-06-06 16:21:29

El dom, 6 jun 2021 a las 11:51, Ben Greiner (<code@bnavigator.de>) escribi=
=C3=B3:

> Am 14.04.21 um 22:16 schrieb Luca Beltrame:
> > In data mercoled=C3=AC 14 aprile 2021 14:46:24 CEST, Ben Greiner ha scr=
itto:

> >> As mentioned before, I would favor devel:languages:python:pyqt. I
> >> volunteer to participate in maintaining the project, but of course it =
is
> >> at the discretion of the existing maintainers.
> > I'm not sure if I worded it correctly, but I was in agreement with d:l:=
p:pyqt.

> Despite repeated inquiries, Matej is still vetoing d:l:p:pyqt. [1]
>
> * SIP and PyQt[56] are not from the same developers as Qt or KDE
> * SIP (python-sip) has nothing to do with KDE:Qt*
> * PyQt[56] is the main but not the only consumer of SIP
>    - Thus, following Simon's argument [2], python-qt5*, python-PyQt6*
> and python-sip* should be in the same devel project.
> * Qt Libraries are packaged into separate projects for each minor version=
.
> * The most recent version of PyQt5 compiles with any Qt5 version. The
> most recent version of PyQt6 compiles with any Qt6 version.
>    - Thus, putting python-PyQt6 into a KDE:Qt6.X project would be wrong
>
> With the bullet points above, one could argue to put everything into
> devel:languages:python, but that collides with Matej's veto and Simon's
> argument. If we can't get d:l:p:pyqt, IMHO the next best thing would be
> KDE:Qt:PyQt.
>
> Ben
>
> [1]
> https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/list/factory@lists.opensuse.org/messa=
ge/3RAYAJWYTOQG3ZX6B6QIPSPRPJNBC4P3/
> (which is a reply to an off-list message)
> [2]
> https://lists.opensuse.org/archives/list/factory@lists.opensuse.org/messa=
ge/XNOW34RTSSJYSGNJSPGJ2KWZVT2PKDZE/

Remember Ben, one of the affected packages is Openshot-qt, with
libopenshot and libopenshot-audio.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/multimedia%3Aapps/openshot-qt

The latest Openshot-qt build has about 1 year, but from this time in
Tumbleweed Qwebkit was replaced with QWebEngine, the same that happens
with Openshot-qt :
https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/pull/2512

You have builded the webkit package, and  with this package the
application starts again, but the exported videos have no audio.
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/bnavigator:/pyqt:/webkit/F=
actory_snapshot/x86_64/

Regards,
               Juan

--
USA LINUX OPENSUSE QUE ES SOFTWARE LIBRE, NO NECESITAS PIRATEAR NADA Y
NI TE VAS A PREOCUPAR MAS POR LOS VIRUS Y SPYWARES: