List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: Please remove the xwayland ("Wayland") and wayland ("Full Wayland")
From:       Andrés_Barrantes_Silman <andresbs2000 () protonmail ! com>
Date:       2021-03-31 21:24:59

After testing the lessxwl and differentxwl repos, I think the best approach is \
lessxwl, especially because Firefox prefers Wayland on that configuration.

Both repos were tested for about a week, and I think I'll go back X.Org for now. \
Telegram (Flatpak) and Firefox crash at least once every two hours, and the fact that \
spanish accent marks are not working on Qt apps (that includes LibreOffice for some \
reason, probably because the Qt version is the one shipped with Plasma).

Minecraft worked fine with the Intel GPU, and NVIDIA, of course was NVIDIA, as usual, \
                no need for details.
* Minecraft works over XWayland

Either repo was clearly a better alternative than the current implementation.

Also, the rectangular selection issue with Spectacle has been fixed with the version \
20.12.3.

Vivaldi also worked fine on the lessxwl repo, and definitely crashed less than \
Firefox. (and no, I won't try Edge :p)

The change to either repo was seamless for me; in my opinion we can for the scream \
test.