List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Removal of Python2 from openSUSE Tumbleweed
From:       Matěj Cepl <mcepl () cepl ! eu>
Date:       2020-01-10 14:17:27

On 2020-01-08, 14:55 GMT, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
> (also: a new python 2.x release is scheduled to be
> released in April - so much about py2 is EOL in January :P )

Yes, but this is meant just as a stopgap measure if anybody
forgot anything. This is really it for Python 2 and please do
not suggest otherwise.

Yes, Mozilla build system is a problem, and I can see that
finally the development on that bug seems to make some rounds
(finally!), and we will have to wait with removal of the
interpreter itself (and only that) from Factory until that is
resolved. Otherwise, all other python2-only code should go.

Best,

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Courage is resistance of fear, mastery of fear, not absence of
fear.