List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: What about PyPI itself? [Was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages]
From:       Michael_Ströder <michael () stroeder ! com>
Date:       2018-05-24 7:44:50

Todd Rme wrote:
> But when it comes to keeping my packages up-to-date, it isn't really a
> matter of upstream vs. openSUSE, it is a matter of me alone vs.
> openSUSE including me.  In my experience this tends to result in the
> packages I need being kept more up-to-date than if I had to handle it
> all completely by myself.

This argument comes repeatedly by OS package maintainers.

But sorry, I have to repeat that I've constantly updated numerous Python
packages in the past. To help I also updated the accompanying PY3
package before single-spec even though I personally have a big PY2-only
code base and packaging is just a side effect of my other free software
activities.

But I got strongly discouraged by the way PY2 is fought by you and
others here. So I'm kind of fed up by this whining that there are not
enough contributors.

Ciao, Michael.

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]