List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: What about PyPI itself? [Was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages]
From:       Matěj Cepl <mcepl () cepl ! eu>
Date:       2018-05-23 21:43:06

On 2018-05-23, 18:29 GMT, Todd Rme wrote:
> The main advantage in my view is having multiple eyes on it.
> If I maintain my own set of packages I am solely responsible
> for keeping thing running, up to date, etc.  But if it is part
> of openSUSE, then people can and do work together to do this.
> It is less work for each individual since any work one person
> does benefits everyone rather than just themself.

Of course, that's standard theory why Linux distros are useful.
However, what about the situation when there are actually less
eyes on openSUSE package than on the upstream project (shared by
all operating systems and distributions, and either number is
not very high in the first place)?

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Home is where ~/.bashrc is.
   -- from Usenet