List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] The plan to speed up openSUSE 11.2
From:       "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger () TMF-Group ! com>
Date:       2009-06-02 12:50:20

> > > On 6/2/2009 at 14:41, Stephan Kulow <coolo@novell.com> wrote:
> Honestly I don't care. If I open gimp, I'm more interested in the 8 seconds
> difference than having extensions in 8 more scripting languages.

Yes, but that's exactly the point.
Our install has a bunch of scripts that are all loaded, which seems to cost quite \
some time.

That's why it would be (imho) interesting to see if the other compared distro had the \
same set of plugins / scripts to load.

If yes, well, then we're back to mark 0.
If it has less, we have an easy way to optimize our speed here for example. (like \
                splitting scripts out in a separate package, marked with a
Suggests: for exampled.)

Dominique