List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    [opensuse-buildservice] Specifying a custom Yum repository for Dependancies?
From:       Jonathan Frawley <jonathan () demonware ! net>
Date:       2011-11-11 16:07:40

Hi,

I have a yum repository which contains some packages I would like to
use as dependancies for packages I am trying to build with an OBS
appliance.
Rebuilding all of the packages in this repo isn't really an option
because I do not have the SRPMs or SPEC files for a lot of the
packages.
Is there a way to specify a yum repository manually that a build can
use for dependancies?
I've tried following the steps on this wiki page :
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_adding_build_targets
but I get the following xml error when trying to add the project I
have created :

Failed to add build targets: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
error saving package: unable to walk

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong?
My project xml file is:

<project name="demonwaredev">
  <title>demonwaredev</title>
  <description>
    Development repository for Demonware packages.
  </description>
  <person userid="jonathan" role="maintainer"/>
  <person userid="jonathan" role="bugowner"/>
  <debuginfo>
    <disable/>
  </debuginfo>
  <build>
    <disable/>
  </build>
  <publish>
    <disable/>
  </publish>
  <repository name="demonwaredev">
    <arch>x86_64</arch>
  </repository>
</project>

and I've setup a blank project with the name demonwaredev and with
repo demonwaredev. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do now,
the wiki page is very fuzzy on details.
Surely there is a simple way to add a remote yum repo as a dependancy?
I'm using the OBS-2.1.7 appliance I downloaded from here :
https://susestudio.com/a/psNYmd/obs-217

Thanks,
Jonathan.