List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: Can you help with rename files? (a bit offtopic, sorry) SOLVED
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2023-12-23 17:07:14

Am 23.12.23 um 15:55 schrieb Jan Ritzerfeld:
> Am Samstag, 23. Dezember 2023, 15:38:33 CET schrieb Daniel Bauer:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have lots of files named like
>> 07X55c_IMG_0155.png
>> where 07X55c is a random text of varable lengths which I want to cut so
>> that the file will be renamed to IMG_0155.png
>> [...]
>
> Besides the already mentioned KRename, you could use mmv that works without
> regular expressions, too. E.g.:
> mmv -n "*_IMG_*.png" "IMG_#2.png"
>
> This will only print the renamings. Remove the "-n" option or replace it by
> "-v" to really rename your files.

Thanks for the hints!

Both solutions do it for me.

In the concrete case I prefer the mmv way for now.

For Krename I had to search a bit for how to use a wildcard. It must be
used as a regular expression in search/replace and the box "includes
RegExp" must be checked. Then it works, too.

I wish you all beautiful Christmas, much Love and Peace!

Daniel

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
Twitter: @Marsfotografo (often explicit nudes)