List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: wonders of open source [showimage ]
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2023-07-27 11:41:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 2023-07-27 13:37, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Sometimes wonderful things happen and I want to share this with you.
>
> User gumb hinted me on this list to showimage as the successor of the
> abandoned kuickshow, that I urgently need for my daily work. But
> showimage lacked a feature I need [resizing window without zooming
> image]. gump provided me the email address of the developper, Martin
> Koller.
>
> Last Sunday I wrote an email to Martin describing my problem.
>
> Tuesday he sent me an executable with a new version and asked me to test
> it!
>
> Already this version did what I needed. I sent my report and added some
> suggestions of features he'd maybe liked to add for future releases.
>
> The same evening I received a new version that included those additional
> features (settings to turn off hover-menu, change background color;
> change brightness/contrast/gamma).
>
> Now I have a perfect showimage that is even better than kuickshow was
> (it also can display RAW files, Filename is showed better [at the
> beginning of the title, so it remains readable in small windows], mouse
> wheel can be used for zooming, all windows can be closed with one
> click/shortcut, brightness/contrast/gamma-changes can be undone...)
>
> Honestly I didn't expect such a fast and perfect solution for my problem
> and I know that even in open-source one cannot expect this. But it shows
> how helpful this mailing list often is, and that in the linux world
> things can happen that are absolutely unthinkable in Win/Mac surroundings.
>
> So sorry for taking your time for my sentimental post, but I just had to
> share my gratefulness!

That's amazing!  :-))

Now we just need to get this on the distro repositories. I think there
is a photography or graphics repo, maybe we can suggest it to them? (how
to find them?)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.4 x86_64 at Telcontar)

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]