List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: as always: Kuickshow for 15.5?
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2023-07-21 20:40:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On 2023-07-21 22:23, gumb wrote:
> On 21/07/2023 22:16, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2023-07-21 22:05, gumb wrote:
>>
>>> Is ShowImage not the successor to KuickShow? That's what it says in
>>> the description.
>>>
>>> https://www.linux-apps.com/p/1126798/
>>>
>>> Seems like what you're looking for.
>>
>> Unfortunately, it is also not available except on two home repos. One
>> for 15.5.
>>

> Well it's at least available on that site as a tar file. Let's face it,
> we've all been there. Been desperately searching some elusive software,
> then found it in some obscure recess, shouted for joy then squirmed
> thinking 'oh but it's a tar file'. Then installed it and felt dirty.
>
> Just remember to apologize to your package manager afterwards. It's
> considered polite to do so.

Not a source tar? [...] Yes, it is a source tar, you have to build it.
Build fails here:

-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package):
   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM" (requested
   version 1.3.0) with any of the following names:

     ECMConfig.cmake
     ecm-config.cmake

   Add the installation prefix of "ECM" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"ECM_DIR"
   to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "ECM" provides a
   separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

No idea what ECM is.

There is a button for "install" at the page, but I'm not testing it as I
don't know what it does.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 15.4 x86_64 at Telcontar)

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]