List:       opensuse
Subject:    as always: Kuickshow for 15.5?
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2023-07-18 11:44:27

On my Desktop I still run 15.3, I'd like to update to 15.5

What hinders me is that there is no Kuickshow for OS 15.5. It is an
essential program for me...

Had the same problem when installing 15.3, but after mailing to this
list, there magically appeared a package for 15.3. Will I have the same
luck this time?

Do you know who I can ask, or is the miracle-maker on this list?

-----
[just my story why I need it:]

I know that there are other programs to show photos. But there is none
as practical and fast for my use like Kuickshow, actually the others are
quite unusable for my purpose:

To select the photos to edit from a session, where I always have many
similar ones, I open 10, 20, 30 jpegs with Kuickshow. I can do that from
within digikam or dolphin. They automatically show in the largest
possible size of the screen, each in a separate window. They have only a
title line, no menu line, nothing fancy. With simple keyboard commands I
can change the image size or turn them and the window adapts to the new
size automatically. If the image is larger than the window I can simply
move it moving the clicked mouse in the window without using scroll
bars. I can move the windows around and put them side by side to compare.

All other programs use a lot of screen space for themselves and are much
slower. None changes window size when showing the image smaller or
larger. None opens the images in the largest possible size of the
screen. Most want me to click in a thumbnails list (that takes a lot of
space and must be moved using a scrollbar) to change the foreground image.

It is an important part of my workflow, I use it every day. Using the
known alternatives would cost me hours and hours of work just for the
pleasure of the program but with no use for me :-( Actually I don't
understand why such an simple and practical application is abandoned
since years...

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
Twitter: @Marsfotografo (often explicit nudes)