List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: hardware(?)-problem with new mini pc
From:       Masaru Nomiya <nomiya () lake ! dti ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2023-06-22 1:10:14

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: hardware(?)-problem with new mini pc
  Date & Time: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 14:22:35 +0200

[DB] == Daniel Bauer <linux@daniel-bauer.com> has written:

[...]
DB>  - the mini PC was replaced with a new one of same brand/type, still beeps
DB>  (different) when switching on
DB>  (https://www.daniel-bauer.com/div/bip2.mp4 from second 3)
DB>  it's an American Megatrends Bios

DB>  - I replaced the single bar 32GB memory with 2 new bars of 16GB -
DB>  no change :-(
[...]

In the first bib.mp4, the beep sound was 1 long 1 short, but with
memory replacement, the beeps changed to "pi, shurushururu".

I couldn't figure out what "pi shurushururu" sounded like.

I found out that the first pi sound means that the PC has booted up
normally, and the "shurushururu" sound is not a beep sound, but is
coming from the rotating device, and there is no shurushururu beep
sound.

So, I can assume that the PC is now in a normal state after the memory
replacement, but does it have any rotating devices?

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                         mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "No Windows, no gains!" ... "Why, I am wrong?"

                                                -- Bill --