List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Why do I feel that KDE is slow
From:       Anton Aylward <opensuse () antonaylward ! com>
Date:       2015-09-06 21:52:47

On 09/06/2015 04:03 PM, John Andersen wrote:
> On 09/06/2015 12:41 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
>> On 09/06/2015 03:30 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
>>> John Andersen composed on 2015-09-06 12:13 (UTC-0700):

>>> I'll hazard a guess: because yast is about global (systemwide) settings,
>>> while desktop search is DE-specific, baloo a Kwhatever thing.
>>
>> Indeed, and like other KDE personal settings it can be turned on.off in
>> 'systemsettings'.
>>

> And the window that allows this within systemsettings (or, as it is labled
> on my screen "Configure Desktop") would be a great place to be able to add
> directories you want searched.

> Oddly, you can configure directories to exclude, but you can't
> configure directories to add, and it defaults to each user's /home
> directory.

The exclusion list is in
	Workspace Appearance & Behaviour
		Desktop Search

There seems to be a policy of "search everything {*} except what is
specifically denied".

The {*} might be "under ${HOME} but I'm not sure.

There is also

	Desktop Search Advanced

which does have an "include" as well a file name/suffix filter and MIME
filter