List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Firefox memory leak
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-30 3:17:10

On 08/29/2014 09:16 PM, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> So, any advice and guidance on installing a newer Firefox version would be
> appreciated.  I'm sure I'll have to uninstall the existing stuff, but that's
> easy to do.

Well, I moved from 11.4 FF 26 to 13.1 FF31 and the only hiccup was the UI change
that occurred somewhere around 26.  I had a little challenge in the move:

See 7/14/14 thread: [opensuse] Firefox 30, noscript control stuck on bookmarks
toolbar?? - how to move?

Basically, I have a number of addons. Here is a list of my current:

[110k]
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/openSuSE/131/ffaddons.jpg
I don't know how to dump a text listing :(

The trick to make everything work (after much frustration), was simply to
uninstall the addons, then reinstall them. (don't ask me why) That solved all
major problems I had with the 26->30 move. FF31 works functionally the same as
24-26, the UI (their continual need to dork with things) was the only
substantial change. But after uninstall/reinstall of all addons, I can't really
tell the difference.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.