List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Firefox memory leak
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-30 0:49:10

On 08/27/2014 11:51 AM, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> Add-ins is a good bet.  I'll disable and report back.  It may take a while
> because of the nature of memory problems.  One problem with add-ins is that
> often websites I need won't run without them.
>
> I'm running 26 and haven't been able to find any newer packages to install.

Jim,

   I would put my money on an ill-behaved add-on. I'm ultra picky about
firefox/thunderbird -- and the latest (while the UI is a pain) has been very
well behaved from a memory/performance standpoint.

   MozillaFirefox-31.0-33.1.x86_64

   I generally have it up for weeks at a time with 5-15 tabs going. The only
thing you really have to watch for are sights that force continual reloads and
js updates. Other than that, FF 31 gets a very good grade.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.