List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Re: Wireless networking fail > KDW wallet interference precedes segmentation fault
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-24 10:09:11

On 23/08/14 21:18, Mark Ballard wrote:
> Actually, take that back. It's still not working even with the right
> password. It did work for a minute. Then after hibernation, it won't
> connect again.

I had this problem before. I haven't read the whole thread, but since it doesn't seem to work after
hibernation, this may work for you.

Have you tried reloading the wifi device module?

I have a wifi dongle for my desktop. The same thing would happen after waking from sleep,
NetworkManager wanted my wifi password. Even if I typed it in right, it just would never work. In my
case, the issue was the wifi device and not NetworkManager.

I configured power management to reload the wifi module:

$ cat /etc/pm/sleep.d/98ath9k_htc

	#!/bin/bash
	#
	# Reinstall the ath9k_htc module when waking up from sleep. This way
	# the purdy green light turns on...

	. $PM_UTILS_LIBDIR/functions

	case "$1" in
        	hibernate|suspend)
                # Do nothing special when sleeping or hibernating
                ;;

		thaw|resume)
        	        # Unload the ath9k_htc module
                	/sbin/modprobe -r ath9k_htc

	                # Wait a moment for the module to be fully unloaded
        	        sleep 1

                	# Load the ath9k_htc module
	                /sbin/modprobe ath9k_htc
        	        ;;
	        *)
        	        ;;
	esac
	exit 0

Just change the module name to the one that is used for your wifi device (e.g. ath9k_htc). This may
work when waking (thawing) from hibernation.

Cheers,

Alvin