List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Wireless networking fail > KDW wallet interference precedes segmentation fault
From:       Mark Ballard <markjballard () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-24 0:34:32

Say you were using Firefox a few years ago.

It was bloated and slow. Chrome comes along. You couldn't give a hoot.
But Firefox is really going pants. You even tried Opera. More and more
people are saying about Chome.

You're like, 'so what's all this about Chrome, then'.

They say, 'it looks really nice see - it's sort of minimalist
software, it just browses really well - and it's fast'.

You say whatever. But okay. And the next time your work is knocked out
by Firefox going up the spout you're like, 'that's enough. let's try
this Chrome thing'.

You don't want to use Chrome. You don't want to interrupt your work.
You don't want to have to learn about whether one browser is better
then another or why. You don't want to have to change from one app to
another. There is not enough time in the day to dick about with this
sort of thing unless it's your *hobby*. But you have no choice. So you
install Chome. And if you are lucky, you get back on with your freekin
work.

And then this wallet thing comes along and says, 'do you want me to
store your passwords? you might like it!'

And you're  like, 'no, go away'.

That's not to say my o/s shouldn't tell me things about what it's
doing. It should tell me more. It never tells me enough. But it should
tell me without condition.