List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] yast2 - colors inverted in some columns with dark theme
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-02 1:58:56

On 07/23/2014 12:33 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 07/23/2014 06:15 AM, Alvin Beach wrote:
>> I noticed this as well when I upgraded from 11.3 to 12.3. Though I didn't try
>> this (I just lived with the change), try setting the colours, theme,
>> etc. in root's KDE profile (i.e. log into KDE as root). I just figured it was
>> getting the settings from root's profile rather than reading the current
>> user's profile.
>>
>> This is just a shot in the dark, but may work.
>>
>> Alvin
>
> I think you are probably correct. I modify kdmrc to allow root logins but
> generally do not do much in the way of changing the default colors for root
> (just the fonts, anti-aliasing, etc.) That is somewhat purposeful so if I launch
> apps with kdesu I have a visual difference between apps runnning as root. I'll
> try copying the color scheme to root and report back.

I have updated the root account and the same columns still have different colors
from the rest. Almost like the information is painted with complete other
setting from the rest. For example, here is the original:

   [104k]
   http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/openSuSE/131/yast2-colors.jpg

Then after setting the qtconf/theme for the kde/root login:

   [87k]
   http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/bugs/openSuSE/131/yast2-colors-2.jpg

This is just bizarre. Why is the 'Installed(Available)' and description color
schemes completely different from the rest?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.