List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Encryption password fail on install > internationalisation<
From:       Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-23 11:15:36

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@telefonica.net> wrote:

> El 2014-07-22 a las 18:39 -0500, Ricardo Chung escribi=C3=B3:
>>
>> On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:06:09 PM Carlos E. R. wrote:
>

>>> I think it is lack of different keyboard layout in grub2, but don't
>>> take my word on that. It could be plymouth.
>>>
>> I don't think is GRUB2 or Plymouth related (I prefer not going on
>> speculation). So far I know, It happens on our distro.
>

> The Bugzilla Andrey posted the link to, says that it is a problem with
> Plymouth. In fact, removing Plymouth kind of "solves" the issue.

Not in this case.

The bug I referred to was indeed triggered by using Plymouth, but it
happened later. Removing plymouth would not fix problem of missing
i18n support in mkinitrd.

But solution suggested in this bug is to set up localization early in
initrd. This means that local keyboard layout would be available
early, when encrypted containers are configured.

That's why I said "as side effect" :)

Actually this bug includes mkinitrd script; anyone having this problem
is welcome to test whether it helps (it may be run too late in which
case we may need to adjust dependencies).

As I mentioned, this problem should not exist with dracut. So it would
be helpful if those who are concerned actually tested whether it is
present in 13.2.