List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] When I have downloads running, DNS fails.
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2014-07-11 0:09:03

On 2014-07-11 01:53, Alvin Beach wrote:
> On 10/07/14 20:37, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> I wonder if its not an issue with bandwidth but processing power? Could be that when you are
> downloading, it consumes the router's CPU. Thus not even allowing its DNS service to execute. That
> could explain why its DNS service seems to stall but using an external DNS service does not.
>
> Just a thought.

Yes, I agree, but it can not be CPU. It is absurd, the router is
prepared for high speed adsl and wifi (while my adls is slow), and has
usb ports for use with printer and file server. Sometimes I have emule
running on a computer, and you know that this opens many connections. I
have done heavy transfers between ethernet and cable at about 300 megs,
the maximum for my wifi, everything working fine.

It is just DNS on the router that times out.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)