List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Accumulating kernels
From:       Carl Hartung <opensuse () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2014-07-05 12:40:50

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 06:29:49 -0400
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> I also use zypper rather than yast for software/kernel updates, but I
> fail to understand the need to "grub2-mkconfig" as zypper performs
> that task, iiuc???

Hi Patrick,

In my case, on this system (12.3), 'zypper update' installed the latest
kernel but the boot menu didn't change. This is why I asked about
grub2-mkconfig creating boot menu entries for each installed kernel.
And this has me wondering if the recent migration of my regular
operating systems to a single SSD is involved.

regards,

Carl