List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] stop and start x-server from console
From:       Istvan Gabor <suseuser04 () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2013-12-22 23:22:34

"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@telefonica.net> írta:
>On 2013-12-20 19:34, Istvan Gabor wrote:
>> I still don't know how I can stop and start x-server from a command line.
>
>Yes, you do, but your system is broken and it does not work.

I have installed openSUSE 12.2 on three different computers.
I installed packages only from openSUSE repos using YaST, and
the systems have no package dependency issues.

Still the systmectl and or init command you are referring does not work
in any of these 3 systems.

That is, what you are saying can be translated as:

openSUSE 12.2 system is broken and it does not work.

Apart from the above there should be some solution to restart x server.
Maybe by killing and starting the x-server directly.
Is it possible? Which process should be killed/started?

Thanks,

Istvan