List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] stop and start x-server from console
From:       Istvan Gabor <suseuser04 () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2013-12-20 18:39:34

Alvin Beach <alvinbeach@gmail.com> írta:
>Hello,
>
>What I do is:
>
>systemctl isolate runlevel3.target
>systemctl isolate graphical.target
>
>If the runlevel3.target doesn't work, try multi-user.target.

Unfortunatley none of the above works in my system.

>To get a list of "targets", try this:
>
>systemctl isolate <tab-key><tab-key>

systemctl isolate <tab> <tab> /that is pressing tab button twice/ in my system gives:

 # systemctl isolate Failed to issue method call: Unknown unit
[...]

avahi-daemon.socket
dev-disk-byx2duuid-ba2d6b29x2d0af9x2d4943x2d870bx2d152516a037dd.swap
syslog.socket
udev-control.socket

Thanks,

Istvan