List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] 5 years later and still whining
From:       Duaine Hechler <dahechler () att ! net>
Date:       2013-05-26 21:18:53

On 05/26/2013 03:56 PM, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013, 14:13:02 schrieb Anton Aylward:
> > So what *ARE* they still whining about?
> Forget about this topic. It is impossible to please everyone. In fact, it is a
> waste of resources to try to do so.
>
> It's absolutely normal that things change and it's as normal that a project
> loses users because they do not like x or y. Some users get stuck on x, some
> on y. Some users think that their way of doing things is the most productive
> and are not willing to adapt to new ways. Some confuse lack of productivity
> with lack of flexibility to learn new ways. In fact some people are not
> willing to adapt at all to any change and would like the world to stand still
> or adapt to them instead.
>
> As long as the project gains more users than it loses nobody should care about
> those left behind. And since nobody is forced to use any version of KDE,
> distro respectively, one does not even have to feel bad about those.
>
> The only thing that is indeed worrying is that some people confuse packaged
> code with maintained code and that openSUSE offers packages for code which is
> unmaintained for many years by now. However one has to acknowledge that the
> latter is at least a bit less bad than changing code one has absolutely no
> clue about as the trinity project does.
>
> Sven
Now a story from the "other side".................

Now sons' work place - a garage that works on all kinds of cars, trucks, vans, suv's, \
just about anything......IS STILL  USING "DOS" for their accounting system, a \
dot-matrix printer and that system is not connected to the Internet, because  he does \
not want the hassles of EVER dealing with viruses and such.

I've even tried to get him on Linux with using the DOSBOX emulator - NOPE, WON'T \
TOUCH IT.

Now that's REALLY STUBBORN !!!!!!!!!!!

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding