List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] 5 years later and still whining
From:       John Andersen <jsamyth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-26 21:16:46

On 5/26/2013 1:34 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
> OK, so the way MS works is that even people like sysadmin are taught what buttons on the
> GUI to press whereas the *NIX community works on
> principles and patterns and is more adaptive.

Wait, What?

That is pure bafflegab!

Principles and patterns?  Really?  Listen to yourself!!!

There has been long running discussions on this list about massive changes
to just about every component of Linux in general and Opensuse in specific
over the last year.  Sound systems, file systems, indexing systems, Start up systems,
udev, device naming conventions, the list goes on and on

The only Principal you can count on is instability.
The only pattern is change for change sake, and change begetting change.

What used to be a few config files in /etc that you could actually get your head
around and manage with nothing but a text editor is now massive levels of indirection
with the developers adding more indirection daily, and the text config files being
mostly ignored or supplanted and overridden, or chopped up into a dozen little
files in a directory.

Principles long in place have been swept aside.
Patterns?  I really have not clue what you could possibly be thinking here.

More Adaptive? Perhaps by adaptive you mean Screw you peon users, we are changing, you better adapt
or go write your own distro, and don't bother filing any bug reports.