List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Adobe Releases 64-bit Linux Flashplugin at AdobeLabs
From:       phanisvara das <phani00 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-16 19:53:05

On Friday, September 17, 2010 00:51:50 David C. Rankin wrote:
> I have an issue with an older flash install that keeps flash from working
> with  FF. Works perfect with Opera. The file I think is the problem is:
>
> /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
>
> which I believe is an old ndiswrapper libflashplayer install. Can I just
> move/delete it to get flash working in mozilla working again?

if you're using the new 64-bit flashplayer, you shouldn't need any ndiswrapper
stuff. i just renamed everything related and copied the new player into
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/.

works for me, but if it will for you, who knows? i'm really no expert on the
intricacies of mozilla & co.

couldn't get the 32-bit flashplayer (w. ndiswrapper) from the repos working; have
been using an outdated, insecure 64-bit player from long ago instead. something is
weird with my system in this regard, so it may not be an overall valid example...

--
phani.