List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Legacy hardware support in openSUSE 10.3
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2009-06-16 20:42:24

On 2009/06/16 16:15 (GMT-0400) Adam Tauno Williams composed:

> And speaking of power:  older CRTs vs. LCD is also a no-contest issue.

Reality does not always match theory. Last October I replaced my 22 year old
'26"' Mitsubishi CRT TV with a same screen height 31.5" Vizio LCD 1080p HDTV.
I metered both in in-use state for several hours. The LCD uses almost exactly
50% more than the CRT, while the actual exposed screen area is only about 41%
more.
--
"Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/