List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Legacy hardware support in openSUSE 10.3
From:       Larry Stotler <larrystotler () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-16 15:27:54

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Per Jessen<per@opensuse.org> wrote:
> The current kernel is still built for i586 I think, so even a Pentium
> 133 would do.  I think I have one somewhere :-)

Nope.  Pentium Pro(i686) or higher.  I tried to install 11.0 on a K6-2
and it refused, because it said that i586 is not supported by the
current kernel.

I could test the PPro part.  I have 2 boards somewhere with PPro 200's
and 128MB RAM........However, I ran 10.2 on one of them and it wasn't
fast enough, even as a server.  scp speeds on a 100Mb card was under
2MB/s, and the cpu was pegged at 100%.