List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
From:       Dan Goodman <Dan.Goodman () coat ! com>
Date:       2009-06-09 14:32:54

Randall R Schulz wrote:
> ... If you just click the search result, the net result is to redirect back through \
> Google to the actual search It's basically transparent to the browser user for \
> simple link  clicks and allows Google to get feedback on search quality (something \
> I  have no problem with).

But which I, and I'm sure others do, especially when/if uninvited;
unannounced; and it slows me down.

If I am in fact in a Google "guinea pig" pool, fine. Think I'll try Bing
for a week or two... ;-) just for <S&G>...

I do like Google, for the most part, but I find this shenanigan
annoying. Often when/if asked, I allow info to be sent for debugging/QC
purposes. Until such time as it gets noticeably in my face...and right
now, it is anything but transparent.

--Dan G.