List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
From:       Dave Howorth <dhoworth () mrc-lmb ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2009-06-09 13:19:55

Per Jessen wrote:
> Randall R Schulz wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday Jue 9 2009, Dave Howorth wrote:
>>>
>>> So I don't think I'll need *more* scripts. I think I'll just go back
>>> to having *noscript* :)
>> I suppose that's a solution for some, but I cannot use an inert Web.
>>
>> What is the reason to want not to run software on your computer?

I do like to run software on my computer :)

But I prefer to run software that I installed or otherwise chose to
trust. I prefer not to run whatever some unknown person wants to throw
at me. I find most uses of Javascript are completely unnecessary. It
seems to be a 'me-too' fashion among presumably bored web designers.

> I haven't disabled javascript in my browser, but I get the same
> behaviour that Dave describes.  I.e. the links are fine.

Which google search are you running? It could be that different searches
and/or particular hosts in their cloud may be running different
software. I get traditional behaviour when I run linux searches.

Cheers, Dave