List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Stupid Google Redirect URL Utility
From:       Randall R Schulz <rschulz () sonic ! net>
Date:       2009-06-09 13:19:27

On Tuesday June 9 2009, Clayton wrote:

> >> I suppose that's a solution for some, but I cannot use an inert
> >> Web.
> >>
> >> What is the reason to want not to run software on your computer?
> >
> > I haven't disabled javascript in my browser, but I get the same
> > behaviour that Dave describes.  I.e. the links are fine.
>
> Phew... so it's not just me too.  I've tested this on Solaris with
> FF3, and openSUSE 11.1 with the latest FF3 as well... Java/JavaScript
> IS enabled... I do not use noscript... and nothing is any different
> with my Google search results using google.com or google.de... the
> links are the same as they have always been.  I've even logged into
> my proxies and tried it via a UK IP and a US IP... and no changes...
> same as always.

When it started happening a couple of weeks ago, I did some searching
(using Google, of course) and found that others had noticed and blogged
about this change a bit. I believe one of them mentioned that it only
applied to users logged in to Google itself, which I am.

It is also not being used on Google Scholar, which is good for me 'cause
I use that heavily.

> C.

Randall Schulz