List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Boot problemI am having some problem with my old pc.
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2009-05-21 23:21:29

On 2009/05/21 19:23 (GMT+0100) Gunnar composed:

> I am having some problem with my old pc. My 11.1 on sda1 will not start.

What happens when you try? What messages if any show on screen?

> I have an 11.0 on a sdb disk, this one work.

Normal boot? Can you access your 11.1 / partition from it?

> When I put in a livecd 11.1 - Ubuntu - Mint, it booot ok, but it
> will  not start,

What means "will not start"?

> - Ubuntu and Mint start in a Text mode,

Then they do start? Why do you say "not start"?

> Opensuse can not find  my cd/dvd,

Is it on an IDE (PATA) controller? Are all other disks on SATA controllers?
What video chip is in your system? What CPU? How old is it?

> still it boot ok from the livecd. Puppy linux work
> fine, its only a 100 mb. The Hardwareinfo tell me that I have 1035420 of
> total memory.
> I have run test on the memory for more than an hour, and works fin, no
> erorrs.

Did you install something new right before the problem started? Did you
change some configuration or a BIOS setting before the problem started?
--
"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control."	Proverbs 29:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/