List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Large disks in Opensuse 11
From:       Per Inge Oestmoen <pioe () coldsiberia ! org>
Date:       2009-05-15 12:32:04

Felix Miata wrote:

> On 2009/05/15 12:35 (GMT+0200) Per Inge Oestmoen composed:

>> The remaining question is whether I should go for OpenSuSE 11.1 instead
>> of 11.0, or perhaps choose OpenSuSe 10.3 if that one is even better even
>> though not the most recent one. Is there any consensus about which
>> version is preferable?
>
> No consensus. There are different bugs in each. You need to find out which
> will cause you least grief.
>
> Video drivers are one thing to focus on. If you use Intel, you might be least
> happy with 11.1, but that depends particularly on which Intel chip you have.
>
> Package management (mostly zypper-related) is most evolved in 11.1.

I have found that package management was the worst part of 11.1. I could
not install any backup rpm's through YaST, but had to use command line
for every rpm install.

No, I am not interested in online "repositories." I want to download
everything, store and back it up for future installations.

Is the package management fixed now in 11.1 upgrades?

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway