List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Large disks in Opensuse 11
From:       Per Inge Oestmoen <pioe () coldsiberia ! org>
Date:       2009-05-15 10:35:22

Hello all!

Today I installed the troublesome disk into another Akasa enclosure.

It was then recognized correctly as a 1 Tb drive, partitioned and is
ready to be formatted.

Thus, the culprit has been identified as the Akasa enclosure. No drive
works in that one which is obviously defect.

Now I enjoy two 1 Tb Western Digital Black drives with no problems.

Thanks for the discussion and for all help.

The remaining question is whether I should go for OpenSuSE 11.1 instead
of 11.0, or perhaps choose OpenSuSe 10.3 if that one is even better even
though not the most recent one. Is there any consensus about which
version is preferable?

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway