List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] firefox profilemanager does not start
From:       Kurt Wall <kwall () kurtwerks ! com>
Date:       2009-05-06 2:21:04

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 12:00:37PM -0500, Sunny wrote:
> Hi,
> I run 11.0 32bit, with the latest Firefox (3.0.10). I tried to start
> from commandline the profile manager:
> $ firefox -ProfileManager
>
> This just immediately returns without starting firefox at all. I
> verified with ps aux that there is no other copy of FF running.

Hallo, Sonny,

Works For Me (tm), insofar as the Profile Manager opens, I select a profile,
and then the browser opens using the selected profile (I only have one,
though).

$ rpm -q MozillaFirefox
MozillaFirefox-3.0.9-0.1.1

However, after the browser opens, I get:

$ firefox -ProfileManager
*** nss-shared-helper: Shared database disabled (set NSS_USE_SHARED_DB to enable).
Connection failure: Connection refused

For giggles, I set the suggested environment var and tried again:
$ NSS_USE_SHARED_DB=1 firefox -ProfileManager
Connection failure: Connection refused

Whatever. I don't use ProfileManager, so this is not a big issue
for me.

Kurt
--
It is Mr. Mellon's credo that $200,000,000 can do no wrong.  Our
offense consists in doubting it.