List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] Extracting still frame from video
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2007-04-21 7:18:39

I want to get equally spaced frames from this video:
http://baldur.globalsymmetry.com/fact911/videos/911.wtc.2.north.very.close.slow.wmv

It is important that the frames are separated by a constant interval.  I would
like to be able to get every frame in the video (or at least 18 seconds to 60
seconds) converted to jpeg or png.  I made the mistake of installing the xine
stuff from packman rather than keeping the old stuff I have been using for
several months.  Now I can't even use ksnapshot or xwd because it blanks the
video window when I try to grab it.  So in other words, someone put in some
effort to brake a perfectly functioning program to please lawyers.

This really is very important.  Can anybody suggest a way of converting a
video to a sequence of still frames, or at least capturing evenly spaced
frames? Ctrl+J with kaffeine doesn't always put the video where the time
stamp indicates, so I can't use that.
--
Steven
"Whoever controls the histories of nations controls those nations and their