List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work
From:       russbucket <russbucket () nwi ! net>
Date:       2007-01-29 17:10:11

On Sunday January 28 2007 23:54, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 14:09 -0600, Stevens wrote:
> > Is there anyone on the list who is running Suse 10.2 whose DVD drive
> > automatically mounts media when inserted? If so, I would like to engage
> > in a chat session to do a "stare and compare" to figure out how my setup
> > differs, because my puter absolutely, positively refuses to automatically
> > mount cd or dvd media. "lshal -m" will detect it's presence, Yast knows
> > when the distro DVD is loaded, but that's it. I have fought with this
> > problem since I installed 10.2 on 7Jan07 and it is to the point that if I
> > cannot resolve the issue, I am kissing Suse goodbye, as the system is
> > almost worthless to me if I cannot use the cd/dvd drive.
> >
> > Fred
>
> Mine works.
>
> Some info will be great - post the last couple of line of
> your /var/log/messages log after you inserted the DVD.
>

> E-Mail disclaimer:
> http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm
Mine works, here's last couple line of /var/log/messages:
	Jan 29 09:00:58 Linuxruss kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level
3
Jan 29 09:00:58 Linuxruss kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
Jan 29 09:00:58 Linuxruss hald: mounted /dev/hdc on behalf of uid 1000
Jan 29 09:02:00 Linuxruss su: (to root) xxxxxxxx on /dev/pts/1
Jan 29 09:02:58 Linuxruss syslog-ng[2435]: STATS: dropped 0
Jan 29 09:03:49 Linuxruss hald: unmounted /dev/hdc from '/media/Documents' on
be
half of uid 0

Funny part is my OpenSUSE Boxed DVD does not show mounted desktop ICON but
YaST sees it. This is mounted Data Backup DVD made with K3B.

Hope this helps. Other point, I installed Ivman but have never configured or
used it. Have you tried removing it (Ivman)?

--
Russ