List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Checking of the Nvidia driver download metadata
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-12-18 13:26:24

On Monday 18 December 2006 12:49, Markus Elfring wrote:
> > Somewhere there has a %2f sneaked in...
>
> Would you like to see that any leading slashes will be stripped
> from input of the path text field by the Yast dialog?

It is so. :) I was confused by that %2f, although I knew it was an
url-encoded '/'. Changing only the protocol to ftp and that %2f
sneaked in (dialog showing same url including "/%2f"), changing
protocol back to http and the %2f was gone.

The url is good, because YaST accepted it as source, and I previously
installed the NVIDIA packages from it.

I did try ftp the first time I tried to install the NVIDIA rpms, but
this failed too. I then switched to http, and it worked.

Maybe the ftp-server denied access, e.g. because of too many users?

Did you try again? If ftp does not work, try http.

http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.2 is not browsable because
directorylisting is denied. Anonymous ftp works, and if it fails
again maybe you could try with "ftp -a
ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.2/" to see if you get any
error messages.

Maybe /var/log/YaST/y2log has something (e.g. grep -i
nvidia /var/log/YaST/y2log).

Cheers,

Leen